What is the SET Conference?
The SET (Science, Engineering and Technology) Conference is a fun day that will show grades 10-12 high school girls that there is more to science than medicine and more to engineering than bridge building.
This full-day conference (with lunch included) gives students the opportunity to...
- See what University is really like
- Explore diverse careers in science, engineering and technology
- Learn about work-life balance in SET careers
- Discover how SET careers can make the world a better place
- Experience a real lab environment through hands-on lab activities
- Meet university students and learn what it is like to be a student in a SET department
- Talk with women in SET based careers about their experiences
- Gain insight into different career paths in SET and the U of A programs that you can use to broaden your career options
View more details about SET Conference activities Here.
When is the SET Conference?
Conference Date: Saturday November 25, 2017
Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Where: University of Alberta, north campus
How do I register for the SET Conference?
We are limiting the conference to 200 students. This year, we offer you the ability to choose which sessions you would like to attend, so avoid disappointment and register early! All sessions are available on a first come first served basis.
Register online HERE (registration link opens October 2, 2017)
Fill out the Informed Consent Information Form and the Permission to Reproduce Likeness Form that are part of the STUDENT APPLICATION PACKAGE. Mail these original filled forms to the WISEST Office. WISEST must receive these forms by November 1st for your registration to be finalized.
You will be emailed a Delegate Information Package to confirm your registration once we have received all of your information and your payment.
Already registered? See SET Delegate Information Here (link coming soon).
Want to see what SET is all about? Check out this video:
Registration opens: October 2, 2017
SET Conference date: Saturday November 25, 2017
Who: grades 10, 11 and 12 girls
Why come to SET?
The SET conference will give you an opportunity to find out answers to some of your questions by:
- talking with women who are studying science, engineering and technology
- participating in some hands-on laboratory experiments
- having the chance to spend a day on the University of Alberta campus and learn about being a student here
Contact the WISEST office with any questions at 780-492-7774 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in sponsoring our 2017 SET Conference? Learn more Here or view our Corporate Sponsorship Package.