What is the SET Conference?
The SET (Science, Engineering and Technology) Conference is a fun day that will show grades 10-12 high school girls that there is more to science than medicine and more to engineering than bridge building.
This full-day conference (with lunch included) gives students the opportunity to...
- See what University is really like
- Explore diverse careers in science, engineering and technology
- Learn about work-life balance in SET careers
- Discover how SET careers can make the world a better place
- Experience a real lab environment through hands-on lab activities
- Meet University students and talk with women in SET careers
- Learn about different faculties and departments at the U of A at our Info Fair (parents are invited to this portion of the event)
View details about SET Conference activities Here.
Already registered? See SET Delegate Information Here.
Want to see what SET is all about? Check out this video:
Future SET Information
Our next SET Conference will take place in 2015
Information on this day will be sent to all science high school teachers in North and Central Alberta. Contact your science teacher for more information or check out the WISEST website. You can also contact the WISEST office with any questions at 780-492-7774 or
2013 SET Sponsors
Interested in sponsoring our 2015 SET Conference? Learn more Here or view our Corporate Sponsorship Package.